800g (1 ¾ lbs) fresh lobster tails, shells removed and sliced into think discs (I used 2 small ones, 500g (~1 lb) each)
200ml ( ¾ Cup) ONSURI olive oil (possibly a bit more)
1 garlic clove, peeled
1tsp concentrated tomato paste
1tsp fennel seeds
250g (1 Cup) ripe cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp ONSURI olive oil
200g (~1 cup) king oyster mushrooms
60g (4 ¼ Tbsp) butter
Heat the fan oven to 55C
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small pan and add the garlic, tomato paste and fennel seeds to the pan. Fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes and add the remaining olive oil. Transfer the oil to a small baking dish and add the lobster tails. Make sure the lobster is submerged into the oil and if not then add some more. Cook in the over for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the lobster sit in the oil until needed.
2. Turn your grill setting on in the oven to 200C (400F).
3. Place the cherry tomatoes in a small baking tray and season with the oil and salt. Roast them for about 7-10 minutes until they begin to blister and char. Remove them from the oven and leave to one side to rest. During this time lots of lovely juices will be created in your baking tray.
4. Heat the butter in a small saucepan and cut the mushrooms into discs (about half a cm thick). Add them to the pan with the butter and season with salt.
5. Cook them gently for about 10 minutes until they begin to soften and release their juices. Add the wine and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and put to one side.
1. Give a quick stir to the tomatoes in a baking tray and add a few spoonful’s to the center of a plate. Arrange the sautéed mushroom discs over the tomatoes and finish with the lobster. A touch of fresh chopped parsley can also be added here for garnish.
2. Perfect with some fresh bread.
Note: keep the confit oil in a jar in your fridge and use it to flavor fish soups or rice dishes, or to season grilled fish and seafood.